People seek individual therapy for a myriad of reasons. For some, they may be experiencing a difficult season or phase in life. Others may be in transition around jobs, relationships, or new roles, all of which can be very stressful.
Things related to childhood experiences, difficulties communicating, or navigating conflict in general can have an effect on relationship with others and often get in the way of healthy connection. This can also lead individuals to seek counseling to help process these occurrences.
Some individuals can benefit from specific tools and skills to help them during times of depression or anxiety, or those who have struggled with mental health issues for either an extended or short period of time.
There are also those individuals who don’t have a specific problem or concern, but seek to increase their understanding of themselves and their patterns, or are looking for a place to gain insight and self-growth.
I’m Here to Help You
Whatever your reason for beginning individual therapy, I am trained to help with a variety of presenting concerns. These include, but are not limited to:
- Past or present relationship issues (romantic, friendship, or family related)
- Life changes and adjustments such as divorce and grief
- Depression, anxiety (stress and worry), and emotional health
- Postpartum depression and new parenthood
- Self-esteem and self-worth
- Dealing with trauma / PTSD
- Working with adults who are adopted
- Stress management and finding a healthy work/life balance
- Spiritual exploration or self-growth
- Managing emotions
- and many more!
Susan Martin, MA, AMFT
Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist #110172
Phone/Text: (916) 287-3695
I am a Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist at HOPE Counseling Center under the supervision of licensed clinicians.
530 Plaza Drive, Suite 130
Folsom, CA 95630
1528 Eureka Road, Suite 101
Roseville, CA 95661
I meet with clients either in the office or, when appropriate, via telehealth using a HIPPA secure online video service.