There is a way through the discomfort, challenges, and overwhelm. There is hope. There is a way to create a life you can love again. I know this because I have endured and survived challenges I would never have thought possible, and I am thriving in a life that seemed, for much of my life, to be out of reach.
Resilience. Purpose. Joy.
I came to this field later in life, yet throughout my life, I’ve been the one friends, family, and acquaintances approached when they needed friendly, insightful help navigating life’s difficulties – we all have life hurdles. I was always drawn to want to help. As an adopted person, I feel deeply. Coming to counseling is a big deal and I’m never lost on the courage it takes to decide to want change and healing in your life. Are you ready to begin that process?
My approach to therapy is scientifically-based, goal-oriented, and collaborative honoring your humanness and unique life experiences. I hold space just for you that fosters trust and your empowerment.
I use a variety of therapeutic approaches and match your needs with the most effective methods. Drawing from my education, formal training, clinical work, and life experiences, I often turn to:
- Brainspotting (Certified)
- Trauma-Sensitive HeartMath with Biofeedback
- EMDR; Eye-movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy
- EFT; Emotionally focused therapy
- TF-CBT; Trauma focused cognititve behavioral therapy
- CBT; Cognitive behavioral therapy
- ACT; Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Mindfulness therapy
As a life learner and avid reader (check out my favorite books on the Wellness Resources page), I also consistently research and seek advanced training to continually enhance my therapy skills.
When I’m not helping others in their healing, you can find me spending time with my husband of 24 years and my two young adult daughters, traveling (love road trips!), finding new ways to stay creative, reading, practicing yoga, and exposing myself to as much fresh air and sunshine (for the Vitamin D!) as possible.
Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy, School of Behavioral Sciences
Bachelor of Arts, Communications Major, Psychology Minor
California State University, Sacramento
- Certified Psychotraumatologist #49901052, The International Psychotraumatology Association
- Clinical Certified Complex Trauma Professional I/II, #49868194
- Associate, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Member, Idaho Counseling Association
- Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Board Member, AAMFT (Local District), 2014-2016
- Achievement Award for Programs, SVC-CAMFT, 2016/2017
- Outstanding Chapter Leader, CAMFT, 2018
- Delta Kappa International Marriage and Family Therapy Honor Society, Iota Chapter
RECENT ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Expansion Brainspotting
- Trauma Focused HeartMath
- Healing Shame / Center for Healing Shame
- Trauma-Focused CBT
- Neuroscience for Psychotherapists
- The Effects of Trauma on Relationships and Intimacy
- Process of Change in Evidence-Based Psychotherapy
- Brainspotting Phase 1 & 2
- Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT) Externship
Reach out to me today!
Please complete the form below to schedule your FREE 20-minute phone consultation. You can expect to hear from me within 24 hours.